flying duck logo Mallard Island – BuildingsWinter House

Winter House

Built in 1957–58 at the water's edge for storage and protection from another flood like the one in 1950, it was called the Flood Control House by Ober. It was later made into a cozy two-room cabin that Ober and his visitors could use during the cold winter months.


©2009 Ernest Oberholtzer Foundation. All Rights Reserved. About this site.